During this holiday season, don't forget to give yourself the gift of attending the 2018 CPSP Plenary!
This will be a CPSP gathering unlike any before! AND we have just extended the special, low Early Bird and Justice Initiative rates one more week so you can take advantage of these savings.
Here are just 10 reasons to attend:
1. Located between Berkeley and Oakland, Emeryville, California, is on the shores of San Francisco Bay. We have a special rate of $139/night (single or double) at the Hilton Garden Inn if you book by March 3. Oakland International Airport and San Francisco International Airport are both close by and both have affordable public transportation to the hotel.
2. Dynamic Speakers and Authors including Pamela Cooper-White, Kerry Egan, and Gordon Hilsman.
Pamela Cooper-White is the widely-published Professor of Psychology and Religion at Union Theological Seminary. She will be talking about "Shared Wisdom" on Sunday afternoon.
Hospice chaplain Kerry Egan's book, On Living, was published last year to wide acclaim. She will be speaking on Monday afternoon.
Gordon J. Hilsman is a board certified chaplain and CPE supervisor with over 40 years' experience in hospital, addiction treatment, mental health and hospice settings. The author of Spiritual Care in Common Terms, he will conduct a practical workshop on charting for clinical chaplains.
3. Book signings by Cooper-White, Egan, Hilsman, and also Raymond Lawrence whose new book Recovery of Soul is a history and memoir of the clinical pastoral movement. (Click on the book covers, above, for more information.)
4. Music by The Threshold Choir, an international organization of choral performers who sing for those at the thresholds of life.
5. NBA champion Golden State Warriors play the Sacramento Kings on Friday, March 16, the evening before Plenary. Tickets are limited but still available.
6. Two-time Grammy-nominated bluesman and gospel artist (and chaplain) John Lee Hooker, Jr, and his band will perform for us on Tuesday night.
7. On the evening of St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, there will be an hourly shuttle between the hotel and historic Bill McNally's, Oakland's hottest Irish pub.
8. Saturday sightseeing will include the San Francisco Bay Ferry from Fisherman's Wharf to tour Alcatraz Island the Maritime National Historical Park at Hyde Street Pier, and other attractions. Also, Plenary staff will be available to assist attendees who wish to meet as a chapter or want to take in the local sights.
9. Workshop topics include Ethics for CPSP Chaplains, Trauma Chaplaincy, The Chaplain's Role in the Physician-assisted "End of Life Option," and more.
10. An opportunity to meet and get to know colleagues from around the country and the world, to rekindle old friendships, and to participate in small group sessions with case supervision are always Plenary highlights!
Don't wait. Register NOW.