1. The Candidate will complete a pre-certification consultation review with their Chapter or with an approved Chapter, if their Chapter has fewer than four members certified at the level sought by the candidate.
a. Candidates are eligible if they are a member of CPSP, in good standing and meet or exceed the level of certification they are seeking.
2. The Candidate and their Chapter Convener will complete the Consultation Report Form for the level of certification they are seeking. Forms are on CPSP.ORG (LINK) a. Submit completed forms to Krista Argiropolis, Administrative Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
b. Incomplete forms and/or handwritten forms will not be accepted.
c. All Chapter members must be copied (Cc’d) on the email.
d. The Candidate will confirm which Review Panel they plan to sit for with the Administrative Coordinator.
i. Review panels are held three times a year, the day before the start of events such as: NCTS-East, NCTS-West, and the Plenary. Additional dates for Review Panels may be scheduled, as needed. Review dates are posted on our website's Upcoming Events page.
3. A shared Dropbox folder will be opened for the Candidate and a link to the Dropbox folder will be emailed to the Candidate and the Chapter’s convener.
a. It is the Candidate's responsibility to submit only one PDF document, professionally organized with all required materials consistent to their level for certification.
b. The .pdf should be named with the candidate’s last name (e.g. “Miller – Certification documents.pdf”).
c. All documents and supporting materials must be submitted no less than 60 days prior to the date of the certification review.
d. Diplomate Supervisor and candidates are required to submit a video of one complete supervisory session where a clinical case is presented. Please do not upload videos to the shared Dropbox. Videos should be placed on a thumb-drive, or some other secure way to share the video with the Review Panel, at the review. Video files should be a .MP4, .mov, or .dvi format.
4. An invoice for the certification fees and the Review Panel fee will be sent to the candidate.
a. The Dues and Fees Schedule is on CPSP.ORG (Link)
i. Certification fees are non-refundable.
b. Candidates approved for certification via reciprocity will not need to pay the Review Panel fee.
c. Candidates seeking certification for Hospice and Palliative Care, Associate Hospice and Palliative Care, and Clinically Trained Minister will not need to pay the Review Panel fee.
5. After the required documents and forms have been uploaded, and the invoice has been paid, Krista will alert the Certification Committee that the documents are ready for review. The Candidate and their Chapter Convener will be copied on the email.
6. The Certification Committee will review the candidate’s documents, and confirmation of the Review Panel date will be sent to the candidate.
a. The candidate will receive a scheduled time for the panel, closer to the date of the Review Panel
7. Once the Review Panel has been completed and if the Candidate has been recommended for certification, the Candidate will be awarded the certificate(s) at the next Plenary, usually in mid-March, and their Directory profile will be updated at that time.
a. Candidates who are not approved for certification will receive a report, including recommendations, within 30-days of their review.
i. Each time a candidate sits for a Review Panel, the Review Panel Fee will apply.
8. Recertification of in good standing CPSP members will be completed annually, at the Chapter level, as part of the Annual Chapter Report and annually certification by the Governing Council
For a detailed outline of the process,
specific to each certification,
please review the new